View Single Post
Old 09-11-2011, 10:19 PM   #1 (permalink)
edub370
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370z S/T 6MT
edub370 is a glorious beacon of lightedub370 is a glorious beacon of lightedub370 is a glorious beacon of lightedub370 is a glorious beacon of lightedub370 is a glorious beacon of lightedub370 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Anyone have luck with slotted rotors?

So i think we all know our cars brakes have their.... "issues" to say the least (COUGH car and driver). I know a lot of this has been contributed to them overheating. i see a lot of discussion about running ducts from the fangs to cool the pads/rotors in order to get some fresh air in there, which sounds like a logical solution. However, i dont see much about people upgrading the rotors.

I plan on hitting the track a couple times soon and am somewhat worried about the dramatic fade i have been hearing about. i drive my car on the streets mostly so i dont want to do any "pure track" upgrades to my brakes. So far i am looking to go to motul rbf 600 fluid and hawk hps pads..?

My question is, would sotted/drilled rotors possibly aleviate some of the brake fading issues that people are experiencing on track days?

Any other brake upgrades that help this fading problem?

Also, anyone with good recommendations for pads that work well on the street and for occasional track use would be greatly appreciated. i want something that can hadle an auto-x/occasional trask sessions, but arent noisy as hell, dusty as hell, and tear up my rotors.

Last edited by edub370; 09-11-2011 at 10:35 PM.
edub370 is offline   Reply With Quote