Thread: 370z vs srt6
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2011, 08:35 PM   #25 (permalink)
theDreamer
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z
theDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by necro View Post
Going to necro this thread. To answer the question, it depends. It likely wouldn't be a better driver scenario considering the SRT6 is stupidly easy to drive, if you stick the already easy launch it's all car after that.

The SRT6 has a handbuilt engine so rwhp can range from about 280 to 310. If you're unlucky enough to run across one above 300whp you'll lose. Those tend to run consistent 12.8-12.9. Mine can run 13 flat and I don't really consider myself the best at launching (I pull 2 second 60' times where 1.8 seems to be stock).

So in a straight I'd put money on the SRT6 more often than not but I'll admit a 370Z would rip the SRT a new one on a road course which is a huge improvement after the 350Z Nismo vs SRT6.

Also the troll mentioning the 11's range, he's right and it only takes about 4 grand or so to reach low 11's (or less than a grand if you cheat and spray, the bottom end and stock head can handle at least 550hp, nobody has broken them so we don't know), that coupled with the 13-15k price on the car itself makes it the best bang for the buck right now. You guys have a good car though, in a straight line it's on par with a 10 year old low-end Mercedes AMG car Seriously though I have respect for the 370Z, really nice power out of a N/A V6 which is something you'd expect out of a high end exotic or luxury brand.
theDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote