View Single Post
Old 07-30-2009, 09:23 AM   #7332 (permalink)
nogoodname
Lifetime Premium

Drives: E46 M3
nogoodname has a reputation beyond reputenogoodname has a reputation beyond reputenogoodname has a reputation beyond reputenogoodname has a reputation beyond reputenogoodname has a reputation beyond reputenogoodname has a reputation beyond reputenogoodname has a reputation beyond reputenogoodname has a reputation beyond reputenogoodname has a reputation beyond reputenogoodname has a reputation beyond reputenogoodname has a reputation beyond repute

Back in 1989, my dad bought a brand spanking new fully loaded 6000LE with all trimmings. When the bumper to bumper warranty ended, the car was like 5 yrs old.
We found a family owned general mechanic shop near my house. He does a good job at a good and fair price. The father owns the shop and three sons work
there and one professional mechanic.
About 5 yrs ago, the oldest son left the shop and opened his own and took the pro mechanic. The second son left and worked at some unknown place. I've heard he went to Mazda. The youngest son is still there, and other mechanics come and go.
Also, I bought the car from my dad after I got my full licence awhile back.
Me and my dad are loyal customers but recently, the father of the shop stopped treating me as a loyal customer. I used to get discounted labour fees and was always a piroity.

Now, the water pump and belt tensioner are done. They creak and screech from hell. The father wants to charge 500 plus tax for a rebuilt water pump. I have my own belt tensioner in the back seat from GM.

So today, I was on my way to school and the train never came. So I bolted down the road bc I have 30 mins left on my ticket transfer. I have a habit of tooting the horn when ever I passby the fathers shop. Beep beep beep beep.

So I decided to go to the infamous bus station where cars are stolen like ever hour
man. I've heard rumours that the son owns a shop right next to it. So I pull in and of course they notice exactly who I am. I told them I need a water pump. Click click...240 cash deal or 270 with tax also including installing my own tensioner. I was pretty happy.
Then he asked " how much is my father charging you" I said over 500. Other ppl in the waiting room were watching us like a soap opera. I told him order it and I'll be be tomorrow morning 7:30 am. I'm happy I found the son bc when I want some
intakes or catbacks. I'll go to him from now on.

He also uses the exact same parts as the dad but charges exact labour and not an estimated labour like the father does. Since he knows who I am. Loyality discount...lol

then I told him, don't tell ur dad I'm servicing my car here, that would piss him off if I ever needed a repair from the father...lol.... He said you are not
the only person that is getting screwed over by the old man.

ppl seemed interested in this gossip in the waiting room....