Thread: Demon Bolts
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2011, 09:22 AM   #10 (permalink)
joshs09slvrZ
Track Member

Drives: 09 7AT 370Z
joshs09slvrZ will become famous soon enoughjoshs09slvrZ will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by christian370z View Post
^ Agreed completely with Spohn. I soaked one bolt with PB blaster and did nothing with the other. I then started the car for 10-20 seconds to get the bolts slightly warm. The one with the PB blaster came off nice and cleanly. The one I didn't? I sheared the stud off completely.

I used all 1/2" impact extensions, a 6 PT impact socket, and a 3' breaker bar. I also did not remove any of the intake, I only had to loosen the driver's side slightly to squeeze the socket and extensions through.

I did this all on the garage floor and it took me about 4 hours with little mechanical experience. Installing the new cats is soooo much easier, you will be using all new bolts which makes future removal much easier as well.
I'll be going out today to pick up some PB blaster. I plan on doing this install next weekend so I can soak the bolts Thursday overnight, drive it to and from work on Friday (hopefully the heat will help) and then soak the bolts again Friday when I get home before I pull off the exhaust later on at night when everything's cooled down. We'll see how it goes...
joshs09slvrZ is offline   Reply With Quote