View Single Post
Old 09-10-2011, 09:53 PM   #13 (permalink)
b1adesofcha0s
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: HypeTrain Choo Choo!
b1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by m4a1mustang View Post
I say wait until you have a years worth of essential living expenses saved. So enough to cover 12 months worth of rent, car payment, insurance, food expense, and other necessities.

6 months is the minimum recommended safety net, but in this environment 12 months gives you more of a buffer.

In your case, just focus on saving for a down payment since your parents have the other expenses covered.
Yeah that's kind of what I was planning on. Should I pay off the car first or just use that money for the down payment of house? I was also thinking about transferring the car to my name after I get full time work and I can get a loan. This way I can start building up my credit since I will be the main person on the loan. I have a better credit score than both my parents right now, but am lacking in credit history.
b1adesofcha0s is offline   Reply With Quote