View Single Post
Old 09-10-2011, 09:44 PM   #11 (permalink)
b1adesofcha0s
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: HypeTrain Choo Choo!
b1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdmanx1 View Post
That's the best advice by far! There are huge inventories on the market for distressed houses that won't go away this year or next for that matter at least till the job market improves; there would always be a GTR available when the time is right. I would build at least a year of emergency funds before thinking about buying anything, especially this early into your new job. You wouldn't want any bad surprise in the event of unforeseen job loss (not wishing this on you at all but good to plan for it)
Hmm great advice and I find this especially helpful for myself. How long after getting a new job should you wait before buying a house (which will be my first major purchase)? How much would be a year's worth of emergency funds? My situation is a little different though. You and Steve already know this, but I'm gonna be finishing school in May and hopefully will land a nice engineering job right afterwards. House is definitely the first major purchase, no questions about it. I live with my parents and they have emergency funds saved up, plus their own incomes. I will probably be paying for the house by myself with both my parents incomes being saved up for emergency funds. Appreciate the advice

Also planning to buy a GT-R after a couple years on the job and after having settled into the house
b1adesofcha0s is offline   Reply With Quote