View Single Post
Old 09-10-2011, 05:29 PM   #254 (permalink)
ImportConvert
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 CX5 GT Reserve
ImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNKNOWN_370 View Post
So basically in a nutshell, what you're saying is... your driving skills suck. You needed an all wheel drive car with a million restrictive safety doodaas to keep you safe in a car because rwd takes too much skill to drive that you don't have! Turbos are 10k or better and you really can't afford that either? So between your low budget and lack of driving skills. The EVO was your best choice. Is that what you were trying to say?????
And a good choice at that. After you learn how to drive in your beginners tuner car. Redrive a Z. An evo will at least get you where you need to be. The evo is well made for such a situation though quality is shoddy. More advanced drivers with a little extra cash for mods will choose a Z.
There's no such thing as a garbage Z. Only garbage drivers that can't control them.
To be fair, one must know their limits. I drive a Z06, and I know damn well that I am not a pro, and have no place trying to act like one. So, I drive it within MY COMFORT ZONE (which at spring mountain I learned was about like an instructor in a Camaro SS, lol). If the person you are responding to has more fun driving the EVO within his comfort zone than the 370Z, what's to knock? He knows his limits and is within them. That is responsible. However, you are 100% right that that does NOT give them the right to knock the Z. I will say though, with it's weight distribution and wheel-base, I would imagine the 370Z is highly rewarding if you know what you are doing, and a flat out bitch if you don't. In my Z06, the "VDC" is pretty darn good and unless you are being a complete idiot, will keep you off the wall if you do your part. Some have said the 370Z has a good VDC, some not so much. Either way, drive within your limits. Much more manly to admit them and learn as you go than try to be Billy Badass and take a cab home from the track.
ImportConvert is offline   Reply With Quote