View Single Post
Old 09-10-2011, 05:22 PM   #253 (permalink)
ImportConvert
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 CX5 GT Reserve
ImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarsRfun View Post
My buddy owns a base cherry 370z, Ive driven it, it's a very nice car, ultra sporty and absolutely gorgeous!
I just wonder if this lack of an oil cooler thing is going to affect: long term engine reliability/failure issues, resale values, confidence in the product. In the short run, the damage is mostly that people are wondering "what if" ? One of the reasons I sold my RX8 is due to long term reliability questions...I have to wonder why Nissan, who is known for quality and reliability, would eliminate the oil cooler and go with lesser quality brakes? That seems very foolish. Pennywise in the short term but costly in the long run.
Corvette did it with the seats.
Viper did it with the "small parts"

If you want a car that "has it all", you will have to spend a lot more $$. The Porsche Cayman S is a well-balanced car, but it's way slower than a 'vette, and similar to the 370Z--for nearly twice the price. However, it is "the full package". Premium everything, and very very well executed.

Now, to get up to Z06 performance in a similar car, you will have to go up to the Porsche GT3, etc. etc. and you will spend a TON! more money.

It's all about what you want, and what you can afford. Don't like the 370Z's short-comings? I would say your next stop is at the $60K point with a Cayman S. You will get very similar performance but a better "over-all" package.

Does this make sense, or am I butchering my thought-conveyance?
ImportConvert is offline   Reply With Quote