View Single Post
Old 09-10-2011, 05:12 PM   #250 (permalink)
red6spd
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2010 Z Coupe M6 SPT
red6spd is a jewel in the roughred6spd is a jewel in the roughred6spd is a jewel in the roughred6spd is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarsRfun View Post
My buddy owns a base cherry 370z, Ive driven it, it's a very nice car, ultra sporty and absolutely gorgeous!
I just wonder if this lack of an oil cooler thing is going to affect: long term engine reliability/failure issues, resale values, confidence in the product. In the short run, the damage is mostly that people are wondering "what if" ? One of the reasons I sold my RX8 is due to long term reliability questions...I have to wonder why Nissan, who is known for quality and reliability, would eliminate the oil cooler and go with lesser quality brakes? That seems very foolish. Pennywise in the short term but costly in the long run.

Thats what Limp Mode is there for. Nissan made the car go in Limp Mode so not to damage the engine.