View Single Post
Old 09-09-2011, 08:05 PM   #210 (permalink)
ChrisSlicks
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370Z Sport M6
ChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImportConvert View Post
I'm still LOL'ing at you all. We got the Z06's up to about 270* thrashing 'em at Spring Mountain this week and it handled it just fine. 100* ambient temperature, hours on the track, the cars are run 12-14 thousand miles and then sold with a disclosure. They have NEVER had ONE SINGLE engine failure at Spring Mountain. They run 5-30 Mobil 1 just like what comes in the cars.
270 is not bad, but the Z06 has a dry sump with a ton of oil and an oil cooler. The stock C6 does not have an oil cooler, and will regularly see temps well beyond 300F on track. Push it really hard for 25 minutes and you can hit overheat limp mode (from water temp not oil), but at least it gets that far. I've seen several LS engines come apart from track abuse, most typical failure is spun rod bearings but I've seen catastrophic failures as well. Bottom line is if you track, make sure you have adequate cooling, that is if your car wasn't already track ready like the Z06 *cough* Nismo.