View Single Post
Old 09-09-2011, 03:31 PM   #4 (permalink)
Lug
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2006 350Z
Lug is a splendid one to beholdLug is a splendid one to beholdLug is a splendid one to beholdLug is a splendid one to beholdLug is a splendid one to beholdLug is a splendid one to beholdLug is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMG37 View Post
I've heard stories that Texas is considering it as well. I personally think the cleaner emissions is a must have, so maybe one day I'll have to suck it up and just get rid of my toys...but first I'd like to see them be stricter on not allowing some of these old beat up clunkers that you see black smoke coming out the back. There are so many lazy, neglectful people out there on the road, more so then there are people like us who have a nice new car with performance mods on them, that don't take care of their vehicles and run them into the ground and pollute the air worse than us.
Agreed. I think law enforcement in Cali uses CARB as an excuse to go after performance enthusiasts . No way they are polluting more than the average mid 90's junker car out there. If CARB was about what it's supposed to be about, tailpipe monitoring would be all they would do. In Texas, they just hook up an emissions monitor and you pass or fail, simple as that.