View Single Post
Old 09-09-2011, 12:40 PM   #27 (permalink)
Nixlimited
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 15 GT-R / 11 Prius
Nixlimited has a reputation beyond reputeNixlimited has a reputation beyond reputeNixlimited has a reputation beyond reputeNixlimited has a reputation beyond reputeNixlimited has a reputation beyond reputeNixlimited has a reputation beyond reputeNixlimited has a reputation beyond reputeNixlimited has a reputation beyond reputeNixlimited has a reputation beyond reputeNixlimited has a reputation beyond reputeNixlimited has a reputation beyond repute

My issue with CARB is the methodology of enforcement. I am all for cleaner air and such, but then why don't you measure my emissions rather than failing me because I have changed something? For example, a CAI may have absolutely no effect on my emissions, or I may still be well within allowed emissions, but I am going to fail just because I put the part on? That's crap, and it has no rational relation to the end goal, which is improving air quality. If I had it my way, what you did to your car wouldn't matter so long as you passed the emissions test, since that's what actually matters. In the mean time, CARB just kills innovation and small businesses that want to sell parts to car enthusiasts. Fortunately, enough of us are willing to ignore CARB to keep shops in business.