View Single Post
Old 09-09-2011, 10:30 AM   #18 (permalink)
MattP725
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2010 40th
MattP725 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFZ View Post
Well if this is the case, lets put it this way. If you dont intend on investing on a camber kit, then don't bother lowering your car.

Im running swift springs on my car and I didnt need a camber kit to get it to factory specs, but I got them anyways for a bigger range of adjustments. All cars lowers slightly differently even if the same springs are purchased. If you read the Swift thread you will see that some people needed camber kits and some didnt, but either way it's a must have.

So if camber kits does not fit into your budget save and wait to lower your car. It doesnt matter if you go with coilovers or shocks and springs, your going to need a camber kit.
How does this make sense? "some people needed camber kits and some didnt, but either way it's a must have."??

I kinda agree with the OP... a lot of people on this forum think that the Z is such an expensive car that anyone that doesn't buy $2,000 tires doesn't belong driving the car. Realistically the Z is NOT that expensive of a sports car. You can buy a used 09 for low 20s now, even fully loaded new you aren't talking much more than high 30s low 40s which isn't outrageous.

I don't personally think there is anything wrong with the OP buying springs that might result in a less likely chance of needing a camber kit. If he ends up needing one he is then faced with the dilema of ruining tires or buying the kit but if it is worth the risk to him so be it. I personally plan on buying springs or coils, checking my alignment and then deciding whether or not I need a camber kit.

OP I think your question has been answered... the lower the drop the more likely you'll need the kit... has nothing to do with brand, just drop size. Swifts seem to be the limit, anything with a shorter drop you should probably be able to get away with, just keep an eye on your tire wear for uneven-ness (is that a word?).
MattP725 is offline   Reply With Quote