View Single Post
Old 09-09-2011, 07:16 AM   #8 (permalink)
weslmac
Base Member

Drives: 2009 370Z Silver
weslmac is on a distinguished road

Lemers, in my short time here I have seen so many Skylines but honestly having a hard time with the looks of the car and age, millage and so on. A bone stock Skyline is very expensive here. If the argument is power I can think of many cars I would rather invest in. The Skyline here is like the Corvette in the US and Parts, and labor rates from the local shops reflect that. I grew up watching the 260, 280, 300, 350 and now the 370. Now if I could purchase a Skyline R34 and sucessfully ship it home that would be nice but from what I have been told thats not going to happen. I am currently in Army Lodging and in the parking lot sits a new Dodge Chalenger that the owner can not get registered here. That is the reason I decided to bring a Z Car. I will be here for 5 years or more so I am not going to say that a GTR is not in my future but you have to know the MAX speed you can drive 95% of the time is 40km/h. I dont know if I want 600hp in these driving conditions. One more thing if you are looking for a bargin do not come to Japan everything is more expensive here. Current exchange rates are 75yen to 1 US Dollar.

Dustin, I will definetly look up Ultimate Z. I have been told there is a local shop that specializes in Z's as well. Ray's Engineering offers wheel repair and color options for the factory wheels thinking of changing the color. Once I get comfertable with the area and a GPS I will definetly check into the Z Club they say that is the best way to get track time. I was told that 1 hour of track time will cost $240.00 as a club member.
weslmac is offline   Reply With Quote