View Single Post
Old 09-08-2011, 03:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
TPrelude-370z
Base Member

Drives: 09-Tour-Sport-MB-6MT
TPrelude-370z is on a distinguished road
Default Carid Spoiler crappy fitment replaced original oem spoiler

Hey guys, PICTURES BELOW

some of you will recognize me from the spoiler dilemmas I had brought upon myself. I finally decided to bite the bullet and order a replacement sport wing from carid that comes pre painted. When removing the old spoiler there is a distinct outline in the paint where the spoiler used to be. Almost like a tracing but in missing paint.

This is what brings me to my problem. The spoiler from car id does not fit even close to the oem and leaves the outline paint imperfections clearly visible. You can see from the pictures that the spoiler is significantly shorter than the original it is replacing. This leaves a large gap on the left side (at least 1"), and the right side paint outline is still not even covered. The bottom and underside of the spoiler fit just right without showing any imperfection. There is no leeway to adjust the wing up or down, side to side as this just throws it off even more.

You can also see the fitment at the top portion of the wing that sits in the decklid does not fit right as well which exposes more outline imperfections. I have emailed carid with my explanation and pics. Do I have a viable case? It does not mention the specs are different or do not replace oem spoiler because the dimensions are different yet they make a distinct remark that it will not fit the roadster.

Please check out the pics and let me know what my next move should be.

As always, thanks a lot for your help.
TPrelude-370z is offline   Reply With Quote