View Single Post
Old 07-29-2009, 07:32 PM   #21 (permalink)
boardkat
Base Member

Drives: '09 GXP Z0K Coupe
boardkat is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisSlicks View Post
Normally I run local events that are open class and do pretty well there. In the SCCA system it looks like the Z could well dominate the class, which means they're ultimately going to eventually bump it to AS. Even in AS I think it's a competitive car.
i don't think it's an overdog in BS. the rx-8 is a formidable opponent. given a little time to develop (anxiously waiting on what ast/koni/moton have to offer in the near future), people might have to rethink BS as a spec-rx8 class though. but if it bumps to AS, it doesn't stand a chance. the s2k and gxp z0k will eat it alive. think shorter wheelbase, better power/weight ratio, wide tires to boot, and camber. mchugh runs the wheels off his c4, and has his hands full with less accomplished drivers in those two cars. i'd take a c4 over the 370Z in AS any day, too.
in any case, if the BS/CS merger goes through, it becomes a course-dependent class, with the 370Z outgunned most of the time by the mx-5 msr, '99 sport and solstice z0k. but i'd still give it a fighting chance on a wide open concrete course. very interested to see how ruff and his co-driver glenn austin do in the "outdated" 350Z in lincoln!

Last edited by boardkat; 07-29-2009 at 07:37 PM.
boardkat is offline   Reply With Quote