View Single Post
Old 09-08-2011, 03:12 AM   #12 (permalink)
roy'sz
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2010 nissan 370z
roy'sz will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by AggieDriver View Post
As much as this is a simple thing, I do not have the space, tools, time or knowledge to actually do this. I'm not comfortable taking apart the front end of my car and putting it back together.

I know cars, understand how they work and I can drive them. As a fairly small girl this isn't something I'm willing to tackle myself. I'm fully capable of changing oil or, in theory, a flat, but that's where hands on ends for this chick. Considering I'd have to jump on the wrench to stand a chance of getting a lug off my truck and you'd probably not even break a sweat... easy is relative.

Much prefer to take car+part to someone who knows what they're doing and spend a little extra to have it done.
I would contact nissan consumer affairs and see if they can help you with the dealership doing the install and what not. Or ante up the 650 for the cooler and pay some shop around there to install. Whatever it is that you decide to do make sure you get the mocal thermostatic adapter because it keeps your baseline oil temp at 180 REGUARDLESS of fresh oil or type of oil. Some people think synthetic oil runs cooler than mineral but that is not the case being that there is no way to cool the oil. My temps were 220-240 and now are 190-160. Waiting on my fittings and time to install the mocal adapter plate. I "stood" on the throttle for 30 minutes of mountain driving and my car only got up to 225 and it was 105 that day. So yeah hope this info helps.
roy'sz is offline   Reply With Quote