View Single Post
Old 07-29-2009, 06:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
DuReichstSoGu
Base Member

Drives: 370z
DuReichstSoGu is on a distinguished road
Default Tanabe Y pipe info

Ya i've been looking for these Y pipes for quite a bit just sharing with you guys. I Saw this post just now on my350 thought i share with you guys

Tanabe USA Inc.

We are proud to bring you the Tanabe Exhaust Y-Pipe for the Nissan 370Z. Sharing the same efficient design as our y-pipe for the 350z, this exhaust application for the 370z proves to improve horsepower and torque throughout the whole rev range. (+ ~9 HP / + ~6 Tq)

The catback exhaust system of the Nissan 350z and 370z is broken up into three parts -- the front pipe (y-pipe), midpipe, and the muffler section. The Y-Pipe is the beginning of the catback system, and it mounts immediately after the catalytic converters. Following the Y-Pipe is the midpipe, and finally the muffler section. As the first part of the Z catback exhaust system, the Y-Pipe is an ever-important element. In order to extract the maximum potential from an aftermarket exhaust system, changing the factory Y-Pipe to a high-performance piece is a MUST.

Our testbed for the y-pipe was this 100% STOCK Nissan 370Z. Leaving the factory midpipe and muffler section intact, we installed our Tanabe Y-Pipe, which created power in this otherwise completely untouched Z.

Key Points:
  • Full SUS304 Construction
  • Power increase throughout the rev range
  • Can be used with the stock exhaust
  • Smog controls unaffected

Tanabe USA Inc.

SUS304 Construction
The Nissan Z Car is a high performance car with great output. As such, it's important for the exhaust system to be able to survive the heat and pressure from the engine. The Tanabe Y-Pipe is made from Full SUS304 Stainless Steel, which is the strongest steel currently available.

Power Up
Even with the factory exhaust in place, the Tanabe Y-Pipe will result in a power increase. The numbers don't lie! (+ ~9 HP / + ~6 Tq). And let's not forget about the other big benefit from a more efficient exhaust system -- increased throttle response! Power numbers aside, creating a better exhaust system will physically make your car FEEL better. It's a difference you can feel at the tip of your right foot.

Compatibility with the Stock Exhaust
Those who want the power increase without attracting attention from our favorite law enforcers can rest assured -- the Tanabe Y-Pipe is 100% compatible with the STOCK exhaust system.

Smog Controls Unaffected
Smog controls remain unaffected because the Tanabe Y-Pipe mounts AFTER the factory smog systems.
DuReichstSoGu is offline   Reply With Quote