View Single Post
Old 09-07-2011, 11:27 AM   #44 (permalink)
MTL370z
Base Member

Drives: 2010 Nissan 370z
MTL370z is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeyaBud86 View Post
Ever since I bought my Z I've had a whine when accelerating in all gears. In fact, when my car was stock, on the freeway it was so audible cruising at higher rpm that I had to put my music up high. I don't have the "lurch" into first, but it definitely does not like going into first gear on a downshift (15mph and below).

I also have noticed that my car has a problem with shifting into second from first gear when redlining. NewYorkJon34 lives near me in Naples, and he has the same problem too. We have concluded that we have to give the car a second to settle itself, with the clutch engaged, to get it to shift into second. I have also noticed that trying to shift too fast makes the gear grind, it's not that I am shifting improperly but sometimes I have to almost granny shift it. This problem seems to get better, not fixed, with SyncroRev off. At first, I thought maybe I was just bad at shifting in general, but my father recently bought a Z06 which I can shift perfectly at redline in all gears (don't tell him that =p). So the only thing it must be is the tranny in our car.
I have the EXACT same issues. Annoying whining noise when cruising on the highway under acceleration, and of course the 1st to 2nd grind when trying to shift fast at high RPM.

While I dont agree that our transmissions are horse $hit, they are definitely not very refined. On top of the problems mentioned above I find it rattles and chatters all the time.
MTL370z is offline   Reply With Quote