View Single Post
Old 09-06-2011, 11:55 PM   #108 (permalink)
cossie1600
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370, Leaf
cossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakes709 View Post
I agree and disagree on what you said. Yes its a good idea to upgrade the brakes and fluid if tracking. We had a evo driver at the track on the 2nd ofthe night, spray brake fluid all over his engine bay becausr he hit boiling point. Bit then again he has alot of power mods. I'm talking stock for stock the evo can handle the track better. You shouldnt have to buy a $700 oil cooler just to do some weekend track days.
I give you that on the oil cooler. I can't disagree with you more on the track pads/fluid. If you want to go fast, you just can't do it consistently with the stock pads/fluid or even stock tires. Your local track is relatively slow compare to most tracks across North America, you do not want to fly into a corner at 120 and have question about your brakes. I sold my 350Z after I had a scary incident of losing my brakes.

At the end of the day, I have great respect for the EVO. They are much easier to drive fast and they are a toss up in terms of dry performance with the Z. It's all personal choice at the end of the day. I see them dominate tons of amateur track days, but then none of them are close to stock.
cossie1600 is offline   Reply With Quote