View Single Post
Old 09-06-2011, 12:30 PM   #15 (permalink)
cossie1600
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370, Leaf
cossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red__Zed View Post
Let me rephrase-- there is no major ringland failure issue like there was in the past. I've seen a handful of isolated cases, all of which were heavily abused cars. One of them that I saw was the result of someone that attempted to crank up the boost and "street tune" his car.

I am not convinced the failures are due to an inherent engine issue. Unfortunately, the car is too new to rule for sure either way I guess.
Definitely not true. I saw one of the first few STI in North America to be lemon due to engine failures. My friend have had two engines replaced on his 2010. The motor on both of them were all stock. They did autox it (never track), so the run to the limiter might not have helped.
cossie1600 is offline   Reply With Quote