Thread: First week...
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2009, 11:08 AM   #5 (permalink)
6MT
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Reliant Robin
6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute6MT has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mhaddy View Post
I've seen it suggested elsewhere on this forum but wanted to pass along the message as I plan to do the same with mine when it finally arrives. Wax the rims to allow easy(ier) cleaning of the brake dust. Also check out the bug & tar version of Rain-x and apply to the front and back windshields. Don't know how well this stuff works yet, but I've hard good things.
Actually, the ease or lack of, that I was talking about was about the nooks & crannies on the wheels themselves. Not seeing much brake dust so far. And the rims have a beautiful coat of clear-coat, so I'm not sure what waxing them would accomplish. Maybe in a year or so (?)

And yes, I've treated the front glass with Rain-X. This stuff is great. In fact, you really don't need wipers when the glass has been treated.... water just rolls off.

2009 370Z Sport/Touring 6MT sold
2013 Honda Civic Si coupe D/D
6MT is offline   Reply With Quote