View Single Post
Old 09-04-2011, 11:59 PM   #44 (permalink)
djpathfinder
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2012 GT-R BE
djpathfinder has a reputation beyond reputedjpathfinder has a reputation beyond reputedjpathfinder has a reputation beyond reputedjpathfinder has a reputation beyond reputedjpathfinder has a reputation beyond reputedjpathfinder has a reputation beyond reputedjpathfinder has a reputation beyond reputedjpathfinder has a reputation beyond reputedjpathfinder has a reputation beyond reputedjpathfinder has a reputation beyond reputedjpathfinder has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by edconline View Post
Nice write up! Question about the quantity of oil used though, I recently installed a 25-row cooler from Z1 (mounted it with fittings facing up) and needed only 6.5qt to have it full. This is with the slightly longer lines too as it is mounted on the drivers side. How did you end up using 7.5qt's? In Modshack's DIY, he mentioned it was just over 6qt for a full fill and he used the 24 row cooler. Just wanna make sure I used enough oil. Seemed to run fine and dipstick read F if not slightly above everytime I checked it throughout the week.
You should be fine. I use about 6 qt for my 19 row cooler. There isn't a ton of oil volume difference between a 19 and 25 row cooler...so 6.5 qts sounds good. So long as the car is level and you turn the engine on to let the oil run through the system and then shut it off before checking the dipstick, you should be fine.