View Single Post
Old 07-29-2009, 10:13 AM   #11 (permalink)
Zat_Zuma
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2017 Touring auto
Zat_Zuma is a glorious beacon of lightZat_Zuma is a glorious beacon of lightZat_Zuma is a glorious beacon of lightZat_Zuma is a glorious beacon of lightZat_Zuma is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by fly yellow View Post
For a 1/2 ton truck the Titan has some serious towing ability. I had one that I used to tow a toy hauler that weighed over 9,000lbs fully loaded. I could easily pull through the mountains in West Virginia. I was dusting Chevy 1500s and F-150s pulling similar loads, and I paid a lot less for the Titan. None of the imports have gotten into the 3/4 ton market where you will find diesel power, and I don't think they are going to with these new CAFE standards.

Nothing wrong with what they offer but it just doesn't quite meet my needs. I need something more than a 1/2 ton but not all the power and weight of a 3/4 ton. unfortunately, once you've pulled with a diesel, it's really hard to go back to gasoline. So far the rumoured 4.5 Chevrolet diesel has potential in a heavy half ton model if GM ever decides to build it. I was hoping Nissan would see the demand for a smaller diesel platform and build it. I've heard rumours and possibilities of Nissan building a heavier duty truck but I may have to wait a few more years before that becomes reality.

The CAFE standards are here to stay and are fairly workable. The cost factors of today are high but in a few years should be refined, costs will drop and efficiency will increase.