View Single Post
Old 09-04-2011, 07:51 PM   #4 (permalink)
Red__Zed
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Mostly on two wheels
Red__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cossie1600 View Post
Do they use different guys for the track test though? I know Consumer Report guys are the same. They do okay, but not really fast, at least I don't know if I trust them for any hard testing.

I have the same exact timing equipment as car and driver, my car was 6mph down the straight as they were at vir. I know my tires are better, but not 6mph faster. I am not a pro or anywhere close to one either. Just take everything with a grain of salt and not worry about it.
For the lightning lap, they have a bunch of people driving the cars. A lot of variance in skill level, which is why comparing times across cars isn't necessarily meaningful.
Red__Zed is offline   Reply With Quote