View Single Post
Old 09-04-2011, 07:50 PM   #3 (permalink)
cossie1600
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370, Leaf
cossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond reputecossie1600 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red__Zed View Post
I know a couple guys that drove for them, rode along with one of them at an autocross. They aren't even competitive drivers for the most part (some of the dudes were +3 seconds or so on most courses). No idea how they decide to hire some of these people.
Do they use different guys for the track test though? I know Consumer Report guys are the same. They do okay, but not really fast, at least I don't know if I trust them for any hard testing.

I have the same exact timing equipment as car and driver, my car was 6mph down the straight as they were at vir. I know my tires are better, but not 6mph faster. I am not a pro or anywhere close to one either. Just take everything with a grain of salt and not worry about it.
cossie1600 is offline   Reply With Quote