View Single Post
Old 09-04-2011, 11:55 AM   #28 (permalink)
sarmyth
Base Member

Drives: 370z Roadster
sarmyth is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by edconline View Post

Just ordered the GTSPEC 2 and 4 point braces, really wanted the 6 point as well but I cant be taking it on and off all the time for the track. Plus I'll be dropped 1" once the Swift's are on, so from all accounts this would be a big no-go with a 1" drop. Wish GTSPEC would redesign the brace for pple with TP's or even HFC's which would negate the need for the big drop down to clear the stock cats.

Thanks again!
Ed
I am running FI's tubes so you shouldn't have any problems.

As far as the GT Specs though,

With a 1" drop you'll be in the exact same situation as me as I've got a reported .75" drop on Nismo springs (though they dropped me closer to 1.5"). So a big no-go, it really depends on if you traverse speedbumps =p Most of the time if you take a very sharp angle, you will not scrap going into parking lots I haven't "de-tracked" my car yet and I did bottom out with these on the highway where they'd ripped up the pavement... very scary sound at speed.

And from what I understand, the bumps in the brace *are* for people running HFCs. If they were design for those running stock, they could have picked the brace up by a bit more than an inch and still had adequate clearance. I decided to just pull the brace after track days as I now have other track specific items which I run, but you should be able to have someone chop it up for ground clearance if you desire.
sarmyth is offline   Reply With Quote