View Single Post
Old 09-04-2011, 12:17 AM   #37 (permalink)
iwgl1981
Base Member

Drives: 2006 Volkswagen Gti
iwgl1981 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_sk View Post
Thanks man, good points. Yeah, no worries, it is MY fault at the end of the day, I accept that.

Right - it's not. It looks like it might actually all work out ...

Right-0. So after a few calls today I finally got in touch with someone in fiance. Turns out the guy I was working with - is gone. Like, no longer at Nissan. I ended up speaking to someone who would be taking over my account you could say, I explained the situation to him and he wasn't pleased and said I have two options:

1) Cancel the warranty and I'll be pro-rated through Nissan corporate. I can't imagine the pro-rate is more than a few bucks, considering I've had the car all of 4 weeks and this was a 2 year extension after the factor 3.

2) Don't use the warranty, and at the end, get your money back. Doesn't really make sense to me though, not really sure what he meant.

3) Keep the warranty, its good at all Nissan dealerships (not just Advantage, which the original guy told me).

I have to drive in 9-5 (which sucks, I work in Manhattan during the week), but they can do the paper work to cancel the warranty. Cool -

So, I guess it turns out I was billed for that warranty, even though the original guy sold it as, "because we can't bring down the car cost, and we can't bring up your trade in value, I'll throw this in" - was an outright lie.

Still doesn't make me feel good about Advantage Nissan in Long Island.
At least you finally have some sort of closure and can rest a little easier. And I know I'll never use that dealer.
iwgl1981 is offline   Reply With Quote