View Single Post
Old 09-03-2011, 05:07 PM   #36 (permalink)
mr_sk
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2011 Z Sport MT
mr_sk is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I live in Long Island as well boss. It's New York so you know how that is. I see that everyone has already gotten on you a bit don't take it to heart. It sucks that you really can't trust any car dealers they're all crooks. You already know you're going to have to go at it with the dealer they're not just going to give it to you. 2,500 isn't peanuts in my book not yours either I'd say. There's no question you're going to have to go to the dealer and give them hell. Good luck I hope it works out for you and it sucks to hear something like this. Capitalism at it's finest or is it just organized greed?
Thanks man, good points. Yeah, no worries, it is MY fault at the end of the day, I accept that.

Quote:
I can't say this has ever happened to me. I never trade in a vehicle (don't do wholesale on my trade and retail on the new vehicle...just can't get taken both ways). I take the time to read every line, even after the representative gives me a summary of what I am expected to sign. I am always prepared to walk away from a deal and I always have my own financing. I make sure my research is already done before I go in, to include knowing whether the dealership is a high volume dealer or whether the dealer is one with minimum unit sells. It's also helpful to know whats in inventory in all of the local and regional dealerships.

In your case, research what rights(laws) you have in the state you are. In some states, you have jp to 72 hours, from the time you sign the contract, to return a new vehicle, minus depreciation, or other dealer cost, if you are not completely satisfied.

If there is not an option like this, work with the dealer to resolve the issue. If you cannot get it done, feel free to write your complaint to the company that actually owns the dealership as well as Nissan corporation. Document the dates, times and who you spoke with when trying to resolve your issue. It'll be helpful, as you may talk with so many people that you will not remember dates, times or people. Complete your communication in writing, e/mail is always good, as you can show what is actually being told to you and whether the dealership is responsive.

If things are not resolved, appeal to local news investigative reporters, as you may not be the only victim who fell prey to this tactic.

If none of these things work out, let the dealership know that they have lost a potiential future customer.

And if nothing else, enjoy your car, as it was a wise investment that has a very good depreciation rate and is fun to own and drive. I may be a little biased though!

All in all, thing may not be as bad as it seems.
Right - it's not. It looks like it might actually all work out ...

Quote:
Why not cancel the warranty and get your money back? Being that the warranty hasn't been in effect very long, you should be able to get most of the money back.

like some of the guys on here I've sold cars for years too. There isn't a magic way to get a better deal. Just be willing to walk away from anything that's not what you want to pay. If they want to or can meet your payments/price then they will. It's that's simple.
Right-0. So after a few calls today I finally got in touch with someone in fiance. Turns out the guy I was working with - is gone. Like, no longer at Nissan. I ended up speaking to someone who would be taking over my account you could say, I explained the situation to him and he wasn't pleased and said I have two options:

1) Cancel the warranty and I'll be pro-rated through Nissan corporate. I can't imagine the pro-rate is more than a few bucks, considering I've had the car all of 4 weeks and this was a 2 year extension after the factor 3.

2) Don't use the warranty, and at the end, get your money back. Doesn't really make sense to me though, not really sure what he meant.

3) Keep the warranty, its good at all Nissan dealerships (not just Advantage, which the original guy told me).

I have to drive in 9-5 (which sucks, I work in Manhattan during the week), but they can do the paper work to cancel the warranty. Cool -

So, I guess it turns out I was billed for that warranty, even though the original guy sold it as, "because we can't bring down the car cost, and we can't bring up your trade in value, I'll throw this in" - was an outright lie.

Still doesn't make me feel good about Advantage Nissan in Long Island.