View Single Post
Old 09-03-2011, 01:11 PM   #24 (permalink)
XwChriswX
WFLYIDNNE

Drives: 02 GDB WRX
XwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond reputeXwChriswX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokejr View Post
I heard FI has some drone, so I got Tanabe, no drone in the 3-4k rpm range, it is not
fun ride to be in vehicle for hundreds of miles listening to exhaust drone, and I am
half deaf, sure FI is a great exhaust, but does it have drone?????????
"Drone" is subjective. What you might consider drone, someone else may not. And vis versa. All exhausts will experience a 'drone' effect in the realm of 2k rpms because of the frequency of that powerband. It's really unavoidable, but it's something you accept. And honestly, I'm not going to knock any exhaust that looks great to me, gives me great gains, and only has a sound I might dislike at a small fraction of the powerband. If I don't like the sound in that area, switch to a different gear. Problem solved...

Bonnie - Stage 2, Audio build coming this fall!
R.I.P. Abby 3/29/10 - 3/30/14
XwChriswX is offline   Reply With Quote