View Single Post
Old 09-02-2011, 10:59 PM   #5 (permalink)
FL 4Motion
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Baby Shark
FL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond reputeFL 4Motion has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methodical4u View Post
what sort of pads can be used for both? or should the pads just be changed right before going to a track?
brakes pads?

I'm running carbotech xp8's all around. "entry level" track pad, very easy on the rotors, non corrosive dust etc. A little bit squeaky but not near as bad as the stock brembp pads on our old GTR. Xp8's are a bit grabbier than stock but once again, not as bad, from what I can remember, as the stock GTR pads were.

the 8's are good to 1350deg, the next step up is XP10's, i believe they're rated for 1550 deg or something around there. Much more aggressive bit, dust, noise, etc, but I don't have experience with them on the Z (yet perhaps). As long as my driver (wifey) says she's good with the xp8's, that's what we'll run. Last track event she only got brake fade twice toward the end of one of her sessions, but her braking style actually lends itself very well to avoiding ice mode etc with the Z so I'm hoping we can stay with the xp8s since others have said moving up to a more aggressive pad can trigger ice mode more often (she's had it happen once or twice now).
FL 4Motion is offline   Reply With Quote