View Single Post
Old 09-02-2011, 05:33 PM   #24 (permalink)
Blackcrimzon
Base Member

Drives: Nismo 370z 09
Blackcrimzon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dembflyr View Post
I have the Berk with the GTM stage I TT. I don't know how much of a difference a 3" would make cause I've only had the 2.5. What I can say is that the car rips at 8psi. My boost was up around 11psi at first and I was slipping the stock clutch so there is plenty of power with the Berk exhaust.

And I will second what others have said about the oil cooler. Go with the 34 row with the thermostatic plate. My oil temps never go above 220 and on a cool day are right around 190-200.
I will definitely be getting an oil cooler now. I guess the parts that I read where a little wrong. So thanks for this info. I am also glad to hear that you have a berk exhaust with a TT and glad to hear that you like the power that you got with it. Out of all the exhaust I enjoy the Berk sound the best. So this news makes me happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by weiboy718 View Post
Which part of Cali are you from?

Here's the clutch I'm referring to

90-96 300zx Twin Turbo South Bend TZR Clutch Kit
I am from south Cali, I live in the San Diego area. And thanks for looking up that clutch for me. I want to get a really good clutch but not to expensive. But when you go FI cheap really isnt a word used I have come to find out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixlimited View Post
I think the BOV thing is not that big a concern unless you are acting a fool. I drove my STI with a big rotated turbo and a VTA BOV for years here with no trouble. And believe me, there was no mistaking it--the turbo sounded like a 747 throttling up and the BOV could be heard for blocks since I ran 28 PSI on the street. With that said, if I was ever in proximity of a cop, I short-shifted every gear and did my best to stay out of boost.
Thanks Nixlimited, this is the kind of thing I was hoping to hear from people about. I was hoping that even if I did have BOV that as a long as I didn't act a fool as you said, I should be fine.

I am going out to sea for a month in a few weeks and when I do I am dropping off my car to have my TT installed. Ill keep you guy up dated with the results when its done. Thanks for all the feed back so fare
Blackcrimzon is offline   Reply With Quote