View Single Post
Old 07-29-2009, 01:05 AM   #43 (permalink)
fly yellow
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09 yellow 370z
fly yellow has a reputation beyond reputefly yellow has a reputation beyond reputefly yellow has a reputation beyond reputefly yellow has a reputation beyond reputefly yellow has a reputation beyond reputefly yellow has a reputation beyond reputefly yellow has a reputation beyond reputefly yellow has a reputation beyond reputefly yellow has a reputation beyond reputefly yellow has a reputation beyond reputefly yellow has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by edeeZee View Post
I was watching on news recently about how insurance co's thoroughly investigate claims now, especially when the economy is bad. The insurance co's are tightening their belts not only because the economy sucks, but because lots of people who live above their means i.e. buy cars more expensive than their budgets dictate are burning them, claiming false "stolen reports," etc.

You can spend a lot of time in jail if you're caught making a fraudulent or rigged claim. I'm not the "ethics police," but exploiting the system doesn't work nowhere as easy as when our economy wasn't outta whack.

You do what you gotta do my Nicka...
Well my insurance company did take a ton of photos of my car to show that there was no damage, but I am sure they will be offered some sort of settlement. These ambulance chasers perpetuate the situation. About 8 years ago I was in an accident in my Maxima. A woman cut me off coming out of a parking lot. I had real bad whiplash, so after seeking treatment I went to an attorney. I was told by the hospital to follow up with physical therapy, but the attorney recommended someone. I went one time and it was a joke. The waiting room was filled with deadbeats. The "therapist" gave me one of those electric pulse things to take home and put on my neck. They wanted me to come every day for 3 months. I told them I had a job and that was out of the question. They told me point blank that if I didn't go that I wouldn't get much of a settlement. I couldn't do it. It wasn't right. I ended up getting about 300 bucks after the doctors and attorney was paid, and I had a 1 year old Maxima with frame damage. The attorney was pissed that I wouldn't play the game. In this recent accident, where a girl that didn't speak any english rear ended my 6 month old Cadillac CTS, I filed a diminished value claim on my own. I used that settlement to pay the balance in my loan after the trade in to get my Z.