View Single Post
Old 09-01-2011, 11:28 PM   #15 (permalink)
ImportConvert
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2019 CX5 GT Reserve
ImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond reputeImportConvert has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromG2Z View Post
Thanks for the props guys. A lot of work indeed. Import, not sure I agree with ya there. I have owned both too, and white is less stressful for me. Both colors get same amount of dirt and dust on them, but difference is white hardly shows it's dusty or dirty
I notice dust on my 'vette after about 50 miles of driving on the highway. If you own a true white car, it shows it bad. Plus, every little spec of black shows up, which means that any and all tar specks will show up--totally invisible on black. I never noticed it on my black car. Further, the brake-dust that this thing just hemorrhages all over the place blows back from the front rotors and dusts the sides of the car, along with concrete dust, etc. from the highway. My black cars stayed clean for about 1-200 miles. This car gets dirty in 1-2 miles, literally (black specs/tar). I wash it 4 miles from the garage, and then have to quick detail it when I get it there if I want to put it away flawlessly. After about 50-75 miles, the bottom 1/3 of the car begins to look less "white". Of course, this is because it really is a white car, and not some pearl/eggshell/whatever variation. I imagine those hide the dust it a lot better, if not the tar.

Last edited by ImportConvert; 09-01-2011 at 11:30 PM.
ImportConvert is offline   Reply With Quote