View Single Post
Old 09-01-2011, 07:31 PM   #47 (permalink)
red6spd
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2010 Z Coupe M6 SPT
red6spd is a jewel in the roughred6spd is a jewel in the roughred6spd is a jewel in the roughred6spd is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red__Zed View Post
Makes sense.

This stuff always becomes a mess when you try to sort it out, since there are so many variables. I had my WRX, and STI, and my Z all on the same dyno within minutes of each other. The WRX is rated at 265 at the crank, and it was laying ~250 to the wheels. On the same dyno, the Z was dropping ~265. The STI made about 255, but the curve was significantly peakier, due to the different turbo they run on it. To me, it's more likely the WRX is underrated (especially since you can't really get away with overrating anymore). The cars just trap low for their power levels due to the huge amount of drivetrain loss.

So then according to your dyno Nissan is lieing about 332HP on the Z? They must, that or you lost 67hp from the drivetrain. The rex can pull of such a good 1/4 mile because of the AWD thats all. These guys running low 13's like a Z can do is because there launching the hell out of the things.