View Single Post
Old 09-01-2011, 04:38 PM   #32 (permalink)
Methodical4u
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 370 6mt pw w/sp
Methodical4u is a jewel in the roughMethodical4u is a jewel in the roughMethodical4u is a jewel in the roughMethodical4u is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by cossie1600 View Post
the 2011 wrx i assume? if they make the same power, sure the difference would be a lot smaller obviously. still, the sti's suuspension and awd are way superior, you can easily see the difference when you observe how much the wrx plows.

i am sure the wrx is improved in everyway and they have narrowed the gap to the sti and it would be easy to say you can mod a wrx to be faster than a sti. it might be true at the drag strip. as a track and autoz nut, i can tell you almost none of the modified wrx drive as fast as a sti. you can sink 5000 into it and it would still have a tough time running away from the sti. the new one is probably not as bad, but its always funny to see guys who spent tons of money on their wrx and then get beat by a sti

methical, no track in the us would have enough space for the sti or 370 to hit 150 stock. the awd all lack top end because they have less hp, shape like my house, short ratio gearbox. it has nothing to do with the limiter.
No, I was just saying that is where it is limited is all. The X was quite bulky up front and I never did quite figure out that whole reasoning for the boxy front. It sort of looked cool to me before, but now it's just sort of... well not lol
Methodical4u is offline   Reply With Quote