View Single Post
Old 09-01-2011, 03:36 PM   #29 (permalink)
Methodical4u
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 370 6mt pw w/sp
Methodical4u is a jewel in the roughMethodical4u is a jewel in the roughMethodical4u is a jewel in the roughMethodical4u is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by cossie1600 View Post
it makes sense as i believe z is a faster car under most circumstances, also you need hp to go fast. the z has more and it is an advantage. i have seen many stis and evos on the track, their accelerationis amazing, but they all seem to run out of breathe at about 120mph.
The boost begins to taper if I remember correctly around 6300 rpms? I could be off a little, but I don't think I am on that. I know that a GSR is limited to 155 as I think our cars are as well stock? I think 172-178 or so is the top speed for the 5 speed GSR. The MR i'm not sure about with the extra gear, but IMO it's not smart to race the MR anyway as the trans does get pretty hot in the X and in the VIII's and IX's the MR has thinner gears which break more often because of adding that 6th gear. I'm sure you all probably knew all of that already anyway.

I had my old X up to about 140 or so I guess and yes it took a little while to get there... I had 380 whp with the X, my IX only had a few bolt on's and no tune, so obviously one did get there a little quicker lol.

Stock for stock I can say most definitely the Z is a faster car, but without having the AWD i'm always more safe approaching a corner at a speed that is close to what I would do in my X... just not really sure of the car yet.. it's only got about 2300 miles on it right now anyway... i'll get the feel of it

Last edited by Methodical4u; 09-01-2011 at 03:41 PM.
Methodical4u is offline   Reply With Quote