View Single Post
Old 09-01-2011, 12:45 PM   #15 (permalink)
Methodical4u
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 370 6mt pw w/sp
Methodical4u is a jewel in the roughMethodical4u is a jewel in the roughMethodical4u is a jewel in the roughMethodical4u is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisSlicks View Post
Summit Point Shenandoah was designed as a instructional track, as such it is fairly tight with not that much in terms of high speed sections. It makes the track more of a handing track than a power track and as such the fast Miata's were steamrolling the high horsepower but heavy supercharged Mustangs. The Corvette and myself had similar weight and were pretty close in terms of handling around here (he has expensive coilovers and a few mods). He was quick through most of the corners but I had a couple of places that I could make up time and he would toast me in the straights unless I got a really good exit the corner before. On a fast track like VIR or Watkins Glen he will be a good 5 or 6 seconds faster than me. I guess we'll find out in a couple of weeks when we hit WGI together.
If anyone is interested in signing up as a student this is the club: COM Sports Car Club
WGI is a little more expensive than most events but it is a huge track.
our little debate in the other thread ended up being RedZed and some of us talking about tracks and that his WRX has beaten the Z on some courses, where on the higher hp tracks it was a bit different.

I've had 2 Evo's so I know how quick they are even though i've never had one on a track. His point was that with the wider tires the Z has over the WRX makes it unfair, but with 265's on it he can run much quicker than a Z. My point was that with a computer controlled car (Symmetrical system Suby uses) that levels the playing field with the wider tires IMO. Hard to beat an AWD car with a comp that constantly monitors and transfers torque where it needs to be.
Methodical4u is offline   Reply With Quote