View Single Post
Old 09-01-2011, 12:32 PM   #14 (permalink)
ChrisSlicks
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 370Z Sport M6
ChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond reputeChrisSlicks has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methodical4u View Post
Awesome video man... really looks like a lot of fun! We were just talking about classes and such on another thread, but it looks like you were doing pretty well with the C6... I guess that is a car that on paper is supposed to beat the Z? I don't know much about the classes and such except for which cars are where.
Summit Point Shenandoah was designed as a instructional track, as such it is fairly tight with not that much in terms of high speed sections. It makes the track more of a handing track than a power track and as such the fast Miata's were steamrolling the high horsepower but heavy supercharged Mustangs. The Corvette and myself had similar weight and were pretty close in terms of handling around here (he has expensive coilovers and a few mods). He was quick through most of the corners but I had a couple of places that I could make up time and he would toast me in the straights unless I got a really good exit the corner before. On a fast track like VIR or Watkins Glen he will be a good 5 or 6 seconds faster than me. I guess we'll find out in a couple of weeks when we hit WGI together.
If anyone is interested in signing up as a student this is the club: COM Sports Car Club
WGI is a little more expensive than most events but it is a huge track.