View Single Post
Old 07-28-2009, 08:47 PM   #182 (permalink)
john370z
Base Member

Drives: 2007 335i coupe
john370z has a reputation beyond reputejohn370z has a reputation beyond reputejohn370z has a reputation beyond reputejohn370z has a reputation beyond reputejohn370z has a reputation beyond reputejohn370z has a reputation beyond reputejohn370z has a reputation beyond reputejohn370z has a reputation beyond reputejohn370z has a reputation beyond reputejohn370z has a reputation beyond reputejohn370z has a reputation beyond repute

I have a concern and would love to get some of your opinions.... GTM and Stillen offer FI kits for the 350 that offer "mild" gains in the namesake of being "safe" GTM, for $8,000 offers 50 hp and 60 ft lbs of torque. I think Stillen stage one is about the same. Am I the only one that thinks this is REALLY steep for those gains.

In my opinion if Stillen is to come out with a FI Supercharger kit, the "safe" gains would have to be at least 75 whp and over 75 ft lbs of torque. And the price should be under $7500 all done....everything needed for a proper install and tune. I mean worst case scenario! Guys at Stillen can you comment on this logic? Anything with less gains or greater price would cause me any MANY others I know to be happy with our cars power or wait and buy our next car with more power from the factory. Maybe this is just a rant....thoughts???