View Single Post
Old 08-31-2011, 09:32 PM   #143 (permalink)
Red__Zed
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Mostly on two wheels
Red__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by red6spd View Post
The WRX has gotten soft and fat. It is no where near the cheap killer handling car it use to be. And its slower then Z. I have given you fact after fact about how the Z does compete with the WRX/STI. Go ahead tune your Rex, a Z is still gonna walk you. And if a V6 Mustang with a tune (because it has a limited speed of like 117 or some crap) is going to put several seconds on a Z then its gonna do the same to a WRX/STI. I dont understand how you go off saying the Z does not compete with the WRX/STI. The Z is faster, weighs around the same, has more HP, brakes better, and pulls better skidpad numbers. Guess the Cayman S cant compete with a $26,000 WRX let alone an STI huh?? But no I'm sorry that is all info I learned from reading so that means its all made up correct?

I say it doesn't compete because since it has come out, it has trailed the B stock class. It now trails the C stock class. It's lays slower times than the WRX on most tracks.

There's no doubt that the Subie's have gotten fat. My 04 would literally destroy my 11 around most course. That doesn't change the fact that I can put down some brutal times in the WRX. I borrowed an 11 from a guy down here, and was A stock competitive....In the Z, I'm middle of B stock.

Magazine test numbers mean very little. Get some track time in, then come back once you have enough knowledge to speak on this subject.
Red__Zed is offline   Reply With Quote