View Single Post
Old 08-31-2011, 09:27 PM   #141 (permalink)
Red__Zed
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: Mostly on two wheels
Red__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond reputeRed__Zed has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methodical4u View Post
The problem is again... that you can pick a more "balanced" track basically meaning one that has less top end since the Subaru will get outrun badly by a Z in that area is that THAT track is now more favorable to the Suby because of more turns, and many of those turns that again a car with S-AWC or SAWD will benefit greatly ... like the Z's tires.... so while the Z can get wheelspin, the little Suby can just be getting through the turns easily because a computer is doing all of the work and the work it's not doing, the AWD system is.

There is really no fairness in trying to contest a RWD Z to an AWD turbocharged car. Yes, you can get 30 whp JUST from a tune on a Subaru.. I don't know on a stock 370 what you would get, but it aint that.

Anyway, there are benefits to each car... IMO the wider tires and them being Advans is equal to the WRX being a computer controlled AWD car. That's my opinion at least.

And a V6 Mustang? Come on man.
I said that. Summit point is an example of a track better for the subie. But doing something like Laguna Seca would be great-- it's an epic track, and I care about LS lap times.

Again, they are different cars, but they do "compete" in that people cross shop them. People that plan on tracking their cars almost universally pick something else.

The V6 beats the Z on most US tracks, just so you know. It's actually faster than the GT on tight tracks, and is usually just a few seconds behind on other tracks. With the limiter removed (top speed is 117 for insurance reasons), it puts .5-1.5 seconds on the Z around VIR.
Red__Zed is offline   Reply With Quote