View Single Post
Old 08-31-2011, 04:01 PM   #129 (permalink)
Methodical4u
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 370 6mt pw w/sp
Methodical4u is a jewel in the roughMethodical4u is a jewel in the roughMethodical4u is a jewel in the roughMethodical4u is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red__Zed View Post
Ugh. Stock class isn't stock. That's the whole point. Z's with stock tires compete with wrx's with stock tires (in numbers, not class). The class is based on how the car does with the mild stock class mods.

Beyond that, it makes more sense to pay attention to a change in class than absolute class...
I understand what you are saying, but what I am saying is that the WRX (a car that I like a lot) stock for stock is not in fact in the same league as the 370... numbers show this. You can put down some magazine numbers and thats fine, but when you have one source and then another and then another it gets pretty hard to deny IMO anyway.

I also stand by the fact that the WRX still has much computer help from the SAWD system and even though based on stock the Z is still faster IMO, the fact remains that the WRX SHOULD be faster anyway... it's lighter and so the power can be very consistant during corning ... no wheelspin, the torque is always being distributed to optimize speed and therefore lap times.

Either way, fun debate, we should just start a thread on this.
Methodical4u is offline   Reply With Quote