View Single Post
Old 07-28-2009, 06:21 PM   #12 (permalink)
TheWeatherman
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2009 370Z 6MTw/Sport
TheWeatherman is on a distinguished road

Kind of stupid to say but this is just a small hypothesis of mine. The more complex an engine, with so many things trying to run exactly in sync, the more you may have some small hiccups on occasion. My brother had an XTerra Supercharged, stock, and it went into limp mode a lot. Always a restart and the code always came back as a bad burn in just one random cylinder. My mom's 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged did that a bunch too. You just shut it off, turn it back on, and wallah! Dad's 2008 Big Rover Supercharged, same thing, but only saw it happen once. You are saying to yourself, "Well, those are all supercharged motors, and ours is not." I just am always prepared for minor little glitches to pop up on cars like these with servos running the valvetrains with all of the other electronics talking trying to make things run properly. Probably just a bad burn code, which might be similar to our friend who posted above with his disconnected O2 sensors. You would think a fault code was stored if it did that, right?
TheWeatherman is offline   Reply With Quote