Thread: Top Speed
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2009, 05:47 PM   #63 (permalink)
Crash
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 02 Corvette Z06
Crash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond reputeCrash has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoady4shoady View Post
What if you are below sea level?
You got me! LOL 162MPH?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpit View Post
The odometer and speedometer on the 370Z is extremely accurate. Just did a 600 mile trip with a GPS (by the way, a phone GPS will not be as accurate because it is using cell towers and not satellites) and over a 400 mile section the odometer and GPS read within .5 miles of each other. The speedometer (which is directly related to odometer accuracy) was never off by more than
.5 mph up to triple digits.
Were you going over 120MPH? The argument isn't about how accurate they are at normal highway speeds, but whether or not they're accurate above 100MPH. My Tom Tom and Garmin both tell me my Speedo is accurate at 60, 70, and 80MPH. But above 100MPH is another story.

Remember that the speed is registered by picking up pulses on the transmission. There's no physical connection to gears. So the faster you go, the more accurate the speed sensor must be.