View Single Post
Old 08-31-2011, 12:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
b1adesofcha0s
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: HypeTrain Choo Choo!
b1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond reputeb1adesofcha0s has a reputation beyond repute
Default Project: b1adeZmobile

This is the journal thread for Project b1adeZmobile.

Mods List:
35% Huper Optik Tint on sides/rear + 20% vinyl on brake light
Replica OEM Sport Spoiler
Berk Exhaust
Painted Tail Lights
Swift Spec-R Springs
Stillen G3 intakes
Evo-R Front Lip + Black out fangs
CNT Racing HFC
Plasti Dipped gunmetal emblems, and badges
Carbotech XP8 brake pads with Motul RBF600 brake fluid
Brake Calipers painted red
Z1 34 Row Oil Cooler Kit
Wheels painted gun metal
Headlight housing painted black with gun metal shrouds
Eibach Sway Bars
Ark Grip 2 V2 Exhaust
Uprev Tune by AAM

I have a 2009 Platinum Graphite 370Z 7AT Touring. I bought it on January 8th, 2011 from a dealership in PA. Bought it the weekend of a snowstorm because they dropped the price by $2k and drove all the way from/to MD in the snow for it.

Here are some of my first pics of it:

More pics here: Nissan 370Z Forum - b1adesofcha0s's Album: My 370Z

2/11/11
My first mod was tint for the windows and tail+brake lights, which I got done at Xlnt Tint in Owings, MD. Got 35% Huper Optik tint on the sides and rear and a 20% vinyl for the tail+brake lights. Total for everything was $285. This was a birthday present for me from a few of my cousins.

More pics here: Nissan 370Z Forum - b1adesofcha0s's Album: Bday Present from the BoyZ

2/24/11
This was my birthday present for myself. I bought a replica OEM spoiler from eBay for $140 and had it installed at Christian Auto Body in Columbia, MD for $80.

3/12/11
My biggest accomplishment with the Z thus far. Went to the drag strip for the first time in my life and did amazing on my first run. It was at Cecil County Dragway in Rising Sun, MD. I ran a 12.986 @ 107.46 mph and brian0128 was there watching/coaching me, thanks man! Still currently the 2nd fastest stock 370Z 1/4 mile time

Proof:

5/21/11
Waxed the Z for the first time. Took some nice pics.

7/5/11
Installed Berk Exhaust. Thanks to blu370 for giving me an awesome deal on his exaust. Also want to thank Steve (m4ghey1mustang) for helping me install it

Here's a video I made of the exaust:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYgBf9dANoY

8/17/11
Had a lot of issues with the vinyl on my tail lights bubbling so I got a refund for them. Went to Wilson's Auto Body in Baltimore, MD and got them painted for $100 w/Bertaut discount . Thanks to Kirkster for helping me uninstall and then reinstall the tail lights.

Oh noes teh bubbles

This is much better!

09/17/11
Installed Swift Spec-R springs. Want to thank 370zforMe!!! for selling them to me and Kirk for installing them for me!

Pics of the drop after I got it aligned:

09/22/11
Installed Stillen Generation 3 Ultra Long Tube Dual Intakes and heat wrapped them as well. Thanks cotizi for selling them to me and thanks again to Kirk for helping me with the install

Before Pic:

Quick pics of the install at the gas station this morning:

09/30/11
Went out to Capitol Raceway tonight and it was ok. Didn't do as well as I had hoped, but still good. Here is a video Jon (ZCarMan) made of my first 2 runs that night. Thanks Jon!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NaghFfcjIck

Last edited by b1adesofcha0s; 06-17-2015 at 04:33 PM.
b1adesofcha0s is offline   Reply With Quote