View Single Post
Old 08-31-2011, 11:53 AM   #113 (permalink)
Methodical4u
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 370 6mt pw w/sp
Methodical4u is a jewel in the roughMethodical4u is a jewel in the roughMethodical4u is a jewel in the roughMethodical4u is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by red6spd View Post
Its pointless to explain to him. According to him the Z can only compete with I guess Miatas, Civic SI, Sentra SpecV cars like that I guess.
well, i'm not trying to argue with anyone... it's a subject that has turned into a debate and gone way off topic... the point is that all we can do is go by numbers ... real numbers that have been done. Each magazine has numbers it posts, some may be bribed to give it better numbers for all we know... some may not. You have posted about pulling away from a car, he's posted about beating a Z by "1-2 seconds" in his WRX. The proof is always going to be in the numbers.

I have stated myself that as a former owner of 2 Evos that I feel the handling feels very good in comparison to them. The 06 RS was lighter and was fast, but I only had a TBE, Drop-in, and a LICP with no tune. The car was a lot of fun, but beat the absolute hell out of you and it felt a bit unstable at higher speeds... fast forward 2 years to the Evo X and the computer controls EVERYTHING and I do mean everything. It does the majority of the work, which gives you that little bit of extra confidence when taking turns and such. It was a very fun car. Both as I said though are cheap... the warranty... well, what warranty? It basically is voided the first time you fart in the car, but the drivetrain, the suspension, etc is what you pay for.

I can say all of that, but it doesn't amount to proof. The FACT is that the Nismo is in the B stock, the 370z is in C and the WRX is in fact in D, whether one driver can beat another out of any of those classes doesn't matter because that is what the facts say.
Methodical4u is offline   Reply With Quote