View Single Post
Old 07-28-2009, 05:28 PM   #31 (permalink)
GingaBreadMan
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 09 370z Sport 6spd
GingaBreadMan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZKindaGuy View Post
Just might be very close to the truth. At the time the 2005 and 2006 Mustang GT was giving Ford huge quarterly gains there reportedly was a faction of GM die-hards that started to post various "fake" recall reports on the Mustang boards because they were disgruntled with the fact the GM program had been killed off 2 years earlier. Their goal was to alledgedly try to strike fear into people considering to buy the newly released (at that time) 2005 Mustang.

Now there is a situation where the new Camero is out and there is in fact a recall on the manual transmissions which has stopped the Camero MT production...which has GM scrambling in desparation mode given their bankruptcy and their hoping the Camero window of selling opportunity won't be missed as they are hoping the new Camero would help save them like the Mustang did Ford in 2005.......and at this very moment the Nissan 370Z just so happens to be sweeping the car magazine reviews.....kinda of suspiciously coincidental don't ya think?

Makes me wonder given the timing of GM's financial crisis and Camero recall woes coupled with the great reviews the 370Z has been getting coupled again with the history of fake recall reports crap the GM zealots pulled on the 2005 Mustang's introduction.
That sounds legitimate. In any case I am amazed by my 370 and am very pleased. I didn't expect the amount of attention I'm getting. Guess I was a little naive about how much admiration the vehicle has.