View Single Post
Old 08-31-2011, 10:04 AM   #1 (permalink)
antfd3s
Base Member

Drives: 11 STI
antfd3s is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to antfd3s
Default Uprev @ RT Tuning

Well I finally got my uprev done on the 370 Nismo on Monday morning. I am a prior costumer over @RT so I knew my experience would be A1. Just last year they blessed me with a spec r rear camber kit and the alignment was done. I was so happy with the way car handled I let Vince know immediately driving it into a turn. lol . I highly recommend RT for pretty much anything done to your whip. Their all knowledgeable guys and I always look forward to going back there. Its my Zs second home.
So heres the results. I mind you Im not a major motorhead in this department so bare with me. Im just a normal guy that likes to have an edge over the typical DD.
The ouside temp was 75 so inside was below that for sure.
My mods i started with were injen intake/m370/gtm res tp/FI exhaust.oh..and a GTR start button.
My baseline pull on the dyno jet was at 300.914hp @260.360tq w thos mods
After the uprev 321.88hp @268.360tq
Vince was happy with the results and i was too. There was a little dip around 7grand so Vince threw in a little more to correct it. Ran it again it was still there. Said the ecu needed time to recognize it was safe and eventually after driving itll rise.
He gave me the 5 maps .Raised the idle 1g/rev limiter 79g the afr i think he said was 12-13. Showed me how to switched maps and I was on my way. I didnt sweat anything else i just wanted to drive it like i stole it.
As I expected the car felt great after the tune. It pulled harder threw all the gears and highway driving was smoother and more aggressive on excel.
I did notice the oil temp did go up to round 230ish after uprev. Before it was always just below that 220mark. And when I pushed it itll usually goes up to 225ish btw that oil gauge is hard to pinpoint exact temp, at least we got one huh? I know im due for an oil cooler so thats my next move guys. 25 row what do you think?
Well that was my experience over at RT so thanks for letting me share with you all.
And thanks to Vince and all the guys for the awesome work @ RT Tuning!

antfd3s is offline   Reply With Quote