View Single Post
Old 08-31-2011, 09:09 AM   #9 (permalink)
370zgal
Base Member

Drives: '09 370Z-white-auto
370zgal is on a distinguished road

We Clear Bra every car we own. We tried different brands of Clear Bras on many cars over the years. Some brands seem better then others. My husband is a detail nut. We hand wash very carefully using Zaino products, real wool, and dry with microfiber. We never get swirls even on black. We have tried Venture, 3M, Avery. Venture Shield looks the best when first applied, almost totally invisible. Venture Shield turned hazy on a black Corvette which was Garage Queen after only 6-9 months of storage. It did the same on a bright Yellow Corvette. The Black and Yellow Corvettes had less then 3 or 4 car washes, stored under car covers most of their life. My husband and I both feel 3M is better because it has a harder clear coat layer that Venture and Avery did not have. I have 3M on my Pearl White 370Z that covers the front of the car, sides, and mirrors. We also have 3M on our daily drivers. 3M holds up well, it is all we use on our cars now. We did not like Avery.

We maintain the Clear Bra with Plexus and microfiber towels. We always apply a fresh coat before taking the cars out for a drive and we clean again with Plexus if there is anything on the plastic film after a drive. Plexus has gotten expensive over the last few years though.

Last edited by 370zgal; 08-31-2011 at 09:11 AM.
370zgal is offline   Reply With Quote